On November 28, 2017 the Board of Education approved Draft Policy 3513.5 Energy and Sustainable Conservation for distribution to reference groups for input. A copy of the policy is below:
Draft Policy 3513.5 Energy and Sustainable Conservation.pdf
The Board of Education seeks to ensure that every reasonable effort is made to conserve energy and natural resources, by fostering a culture of sustainability and environmental stewardship, through education, equipment upgrades, facility upgrades and behavioral change.
In support of this goal, policy regarding energy and sustainable conservation has been developed for consideration.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR DRAFT POLICY 3513.5 ENERGY AND SUSTAINABLE CONSERVATION IS FEBRUARY 2, 2018.
On January 30, 2018 the Board of Education approved Draft Policy 3541Student Transportation - Home and School for distribution to reference groups for input. A copy of the policy is below:
Draft Policy 3541 Student Transportation, Home and School.pdf
- Policy 3541 Student Transportation - Home and School has been revised to include the current school district practices regarding student transportation to and from home.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR DRAFT POLICY 3541 STUDENT TRANSPORTATION - HOME AND SCHOOL IS APRIL 1, 2018. On January 30, 2018 the Board of Education approved the below draft policies for distribution to reference groups for input.
- The draft policies have been developed in accordance with the April 2017 recommendations of the Ministry of Education Financial Health Working Group.
Draft Policy 3170 - Budget Devopment, Monitoring and Reporting.pdf
Draft Policy 3433.2 - Accumulated Operating Surplus.pdf
Draft Policy 3434 - Audit Committee.pdf
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR THE DRAFT FINANCIAL HEALTH WORKING GROUP POLICIES IS APRIL 1, 2018.If you or your organization has any comments, concerns or suggestions about this draft policy, please forward them in writing to:
Diane Nygaard, Executive Assistant
School District No. 57 (Prince George)
2100 Ferry Avenue
Prince George, BC V2L 4R5
To help focus your input, the following questions may be considered:
- How does the new policy fit with current practice?
- How will the new policy affect your school/department/group?
- How will the policy affect teaching, learning and student achievement?
- Do you have any ideas for making the policy more effective?
- Are there any areas in the policy that are unclear?
- Are there significant issues that the policy should, but does not, address?
- Can you foresee any difficulties posed by the implementation of the policy?
- Will the policy as proposed put unreasonable demands on people or resources? If so, how?