On January 29th, the Board of Education approved Draft Policy 3541.35 Winter Weather for distribution to reference groups for input.
The revisions to the existing policy are shown as highlighted in grey in the below document.
2019.01.28 Draft Policy 3541.35 Winter Weather.pdf
If you or your organization has any comments, concerns or suggestions about this draft policy, please forward them in writing to:
Diane Nygaard, Executive Assistant
School District No. 57 (Prince George)
2100 Ferry Avenue
Prince George, BC V2L 4R5
To help focus your input, the following questions may be considered:
- How does the new policy fit with current practice?
- How will the new policy affect your school/department/group?
- How will the policy affect teaching, learning and student achievement?
- Do you have any ideas for making the policy more effective?
- Are there any areas in the policy that are unclear?
- Are there significant issues that the policy should, but does not, address?
- Can you foresee any difficulties posed by the implementation of the policy?
- Will the policy as proposed put unreasonable demands on people or resources? If so, how?
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS APRIL 5,2019.