The Curriculum Innovation Department provides support and resources for initiatives to improve student achievement. District initiatives are outlined in the District Plan for Student Success and the district achievement contract. Curriculum Innovation also provides support and resources that align with the SD57 Strategic Plan.
2022.09.29 CI Department Strategic Plan Y2.pdf
All students are prepared for each step of their life's journey with the skills, knowledge, options, and choices to be successful.
Through innovation, high standards and culturally responsive care, we nurture and empower all students where they are to be proud, confident, and engaged lifelong learners.
We engage all members of our learning community through open and respectful relationships.
We are ethical, fair and follow through on our commitments
We ensure all students contribute and participate in all aspects of school life.
We are open, honest and accountable for the decisions we make.
We demonstrate kindness and care for ourselves, others and the environment.
We create systems where every student has opportunities and supports to be successful.
First Peoples Principles of Learning are integral in all we do.
- Learning ultimately supports the well-being of the self, the family, the community, the land, the spirits and the ancestors.
- Learning is holistic, reflexive, reflective, experiential, and relational (focused on connectedness, on reciprocal relationships, and a sense of place).
- Learning involves recognizing the consequences of one's actions.
- Learning involves generational roles and responsibilities.
- Learning recognizes the role of indigenous knowledge.
- Learning is embedded in memory, history and story.
- Learning involves patience and time.
- Learning requires exploration of one's identity.
- Learning involves recognizing that some knowledge is sacred and only shared with permission and/or in certain situations.
Our District Directions
For the next five years, our priorities will be:
increase student literacy
increase student numeracy
support early learning framework and K-12 curriculum
promote and support high quality learning opportunities to ensure seamless grade to grade transitions for students
support and enhance learning through the use of technology