Student Support Services
Services to children and youth with exceptional needs in School District No. 57 are flexible and responsive to individual strengths and needs. Program development is based on creating inclusive learning experiences that foster success for all students.
The Student Support Services Department works collaboratively with schools, parents, and community agencies to support the educational programming for students with special learning needs.
Our services are based on the following Foundation Principles:
- An integrated system of support/resources for all students
- An inclusionary model of school attendance
- Shared decision making and collaborative problem solving
- An emphasis on functional assessment procedures and an outcomes criterion for educational decision-making
- A proactive approach to service delivery that focuses on prevention and early intervention of educational problems
- Home-school collaboration in educational decision-making and delivery of services
Contact: District Principal of Student Support Services (firstname.lastname@example.org)