Who Writes Provincial Exams?
- Students entering Grade 10 in September 2004 or later will write provincial exams in the areas of Language Arts 10, Mathematics 10, Science 10, Socials Studies 11, and Language Arts 12 and must be written at a Ministry approved school site.
How to Register for Your Provincial Exam
Students must register for any provincial exam they will be writing. Be sure you read the following carefully:
- Students attending a regular school and taking a provincially examinable course through Distributed Learning (CIDES) register for the provincial exam at their school of record (their regular school)...The regular school is also responsible for reporting the student's school mark. [quoted from the Handbook of Procedures for the Graduation Program, pg 43]
- Students must contact their regular school at lease five weeks before the exam date to ensure that an exam is ordered from the Examinations Branch of the Ministry of Education.
- Students must contact CIDES at lease one month before the exam date to ensure that an exam is ordered from the Examinations Branch of the Ministry of Education. Contact Karen Bartlett at 250-564-6574 or 1-800-661-7515, local 2004, or email kbartlett at sd57.bc.ca
- CIDES students can write government exams in the following exam sessions:
NOVEMBER; JANUARY; JUNE; AUGUST(some years the August sitting is not offered by CIDES)
- CIDES may not offer Provincial Exam sittings in October, April, or May Sessions.
The Ministry of Education provides an excellent resource for Grade 10, 11 and 12 students who will be writing exams.