Montessori educators recognize that children's learning occurs in the context of all other aspects of their lives. Montessori teachers foster children's social, moral, and cognitive development as a regular part of the ongoing classroom process. Montessori students are expected to become independent, moral agents prepared to take on a proactive role in the world.
RESPECT FOR THE CHILD
- social and emotional development is considered - not just academic achievement
- children's work choices are respected.
- we provide support for personal choice outside of the class time.
- children are encouraged to demonstrate leadership throughout their time at Polaris Montessori
- developing personal responsibility
- obstacles to children's independence are removed.