Welcome to Counselling
The PGSS Counselling Center welcomes students to drop into the
office before school, during class breaks or after school or during a study
period to make appointments or browse through the information files. Pamphlets
on a variety of topics, as well as post-secondary calendars, are available.
PGSS Counselling Department
PGSS Aboriginal Education Department
Team 1 Grades 8 - 12 A - G
- Vice-Principal - Mr. Turner
- Counsellor - Ms Switzman, Montessori and PBL programs / Alt. Ed.
Team 2 Grades 8 - 12 H - P
Team 3 Grades 8 - 12 Q -
- Vice-Principal - Mr. Busby
- Counsellor - Ms. Lamarre, Polar Performing Arts Program / Hockey programs
- Many of the graduates at PGSS excel in
scholastics, leadership and community service.
- We aim to provide as much assistance as
possible to ensure that these future leaders get access to the scholarships and
bursaries that will assist them with their future pursuits.
- Ms Lamarre in the Counselling Area will be
providing the support for scholarship and bursary applications
- More information about the Scholarship/Bursary application process is
available under the "Scholarships" tab of the left menu.
- Act as a liason between the elementary,
junior secondary and senior secondary schools
- Help new students in their orientation to the
- Act as a liasion between students, their
families and community agencies
- Help students find solutions to persona and
- Help students decide on appropriate programs
- Give career information and guidance to
- Give post-secondary educational guidance to
- Arrange for special testing at the request of
the student, teacher or parents
- Arrange parent conferences
- Those students who are considering attending
a post-secondary institution in the United States need to write the SAT entrance
- Information brochures and registration forms
are available in the Counselling office
- The website http://www.collegeboard.com also gives access to online information, test dates and
- PGSS offers SAT exams on January 24, 2015 and May 2, 2015.
- Please note that in order to avoid late
charges, students need to register at least one month prior to the exam
- Mr. Berra is the local exam supervisor and he
is also available to answer questions regarding the SAT exam. Contact Mr. Berra
at 250-562-6441 Local 494 or email at email@example.com
- Mrs. S. Kilburn the Health Nurses visit each
Tuesday from 9:30-11:30am
- Students may book appointments in the