The Montessori Curriculum is designed to be studied over a three year cycle. The areas are:
- Practical Life (everyday living skills)
- Sensorial (sensory awareness exercises and puzzles)
- Mathematics and geometry
- Whole Language (reading, literature, grammar, spelling, creative writing, handwriting)
- Cultural Subjects (geography, history, botany, zoology, physics, chemistry, astronomy)
- Presentation of the Five Great Lessons each year includes the theory of evolution
The role of the teacher is primarily that of facilitator rather than as instructor.
Information and communications technology such as computers and digital cameras are used throughout the school to enhance students learning and presentation skills. The Fine Arts are integrated within these curriculum areas. Concepts are presented from a whole-to-part perspective, first with concrete materials. These materials are reintroduced in succeeding years with increasing degrees of abstraction and complexity.
Polaris Montessori Program incorporates the goals and objectives of the B.C. Ministry of Education.