With Hard Work Comes Success
3805 Rainbow Drive
Prince George, BC
Phone: (250) 563-4208
Fax: (250) 563-4015
Strong Start Phone Number: (250) 563-4702
About The School
Spruceland Traditional Choice Elementary School is a public Kindergarten to Grade 7 elementary school with a traditional focus. There is no charge to attend our traditional school. There is an expectation for parents to purchase the school uniform for their child and transport them to and from school should your family reside outside our catchement area.
In September 2011, Central Fort George Elementary was closed. The traditional choice program was moved to Spruceland Elementary combining the two original school communities.
Spruceland Traditional enrols approximately 365 students in grades K-7, and is centrally located in Prince George. We sing O Canada every morning, students and staff wear uniforms, we teach and reinforce a virtue each month, promote community service, and teach and reinforce high expectations for student behavior, and have three rules: WORK HARD; PLAY SAFELY; BE A FRIEND.
Spruceland SHARKS are:
Our Mission Statement
The mission of Spruceland Traditional Elementary School as a choice school is to provide our students with the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to become responsible and capable citizens in a global world. We strive for academic excellence by focusing on the basic fundamentals of education and positive behaviour while supporting the social and emotional development of each child in collaboration with the families and other education partners.
Students are expected to wear the following:
- plain black bottoms (shorts and skirts are expected to be just above the knee or longer)
- plain royal blue or white top with the school logo
- black Spruceland Sharks spirit tshirts may be worn on Fridays
- undershirts with long sleeves must be royal blue, white or black
- non marking indoor shoes
- outside shoes or boots
- head adornments should be uniform coulours and understated
- Grade 7 students may wear their black school hoody once it is arrives
- sleevless tops are allowed as long as there is a full back, front, side and stomach coverage
- no headgear indoors as a sign of respect except for religious headgear
- outdoor hats and jackets must be free of offensive words, slogans and pictures
- the uniform applies to PE strip as well