On October 30th, the Board of Education approved Draft Policy 3514.5 Global Positioning System (GPS) in School District Vehicles for distribution to reference groups for input.
A copy of the draft policy along with a copy of the recommendation approved by the Board is below:
Draft Policy 3514.5 GPS - October 30, 2018.pdf
Recommendation to the Board - Draft Policy 3514.5 GPS Equipment in School District Owned Vehicles.pdf
If you or your organization has any comments, concerns or suggestions about this draft policy, please forward them in writing to:
- Diane Nygaard, Executive Assistant
- School District No. 57 (Prince George)
- 2100 Ferry Avenue
- Prince George, BC ~~V2L 4R5
- or e-mail:email@example.com
- or fax:250-561-6820 or 250-561-6801
To help focus your input, the following questions may be considered:
- How does the new policy fit with current practice?
- How will the new policy affect your school/department/group?
- How will the policy affect teaching, learning and student achievement?
- Do you have any ideas for making the policy more effective?
- Are there any areas in the policy that are unclear?
- Are there significant issues that the policy should, but does not, address?
- Can you foresee any difficulties posed by the implementation of the policy?
- Will the policy as proposed put unreasonable demands on people or resources? If so, how?
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS JANUARY 4, 2019.