Online Kindergarten Registration for September 2019
Opens: 9:00 am January 29, 2019
Closes: 3:00 pm June 18, 2019
Click here to open the online application form
Children whose fifth birthday falls on or before December 31, 2019 are eligible to enter Kindergarten in September 2019. Registration must be completed through our online form, a link to the online form will be provided on this page once registration begins. Staff at the schools are available to assist with accessing the online form if needed.
Completed registration forms along with all required documents should be submitted to the school within 1 week of acceptance notification.
Required documents are:
- Birth Certificate original
- Proof of address
- Care Card or BC Services Card
Below is a list of schools operating at full enrolment capacity and enrolment totals for choice programs. If more applications are received than available seats the school will hold a lottery on February 5, 2019 at 4:00 pm. You will be notified if a lottery is necessary, to be included in a lottery your completed registration form and all required documents must be submitted to the school prior to the event.
Note that registration applications must be made to your catchment school, if you do not know your catchment school you can look it up using your home address click here to access our our interactive map.
Choice school catchments are the entire district and can be applied to by anyone living within the SD57 school district area. These include Aboriginal, French Immersion, Montessori and Traditional.
Pamphlet - 2019-2020 Kindergarten Gradual Entry Brochure.pdf
Schools Operating at Full Enrolment Capacity:
Schools listed below are operating at full enrolment capacity.
Admission of out-of-catchment students is not anticipated.
- Hart Highlands
Choice Program enrolment totals
- College Heights Elementary – French Immersion program, Maximum of 40 Kindergarten Students
- École Lac des Bois – Maximum of 60 Kindergarten Students
- Spruceland Traditional Elementary, Maximum of 40 Kindergarten Students
- Polaris Montessori Elementary – Maximum of 40 Kindergarten Students
- The names of all students to be included will be placed in an envelope or other suitable receptacle. The names of multiple children of the same age from the same family will be recorded together on one piece of paper.
- The names will be drawn one at a time and recorded on a list in the order drawn. This list will establish the order in which registrations are accepted.
- If there is not sufficient space to accommodate multiple children of the same age from the same family, their parents will have the option of accepting spaces for individual children.
- Those names on the list whose registrations are not accepted will become the wait list.
- Parents will be informed regarding registration acceptance or wait list status as soon as possible following the draw and prior to the start of the school district's transfer process.