Services to students with unique or special educational needs in School District No. 57 are based on the belief that everyone can learn and has the right of equal opportunity and access to a broad, individually challenging public education. It is acknowledged that students require varying degrees of support to acquire an education. Some students learn quickly and easily while others experience challenges.
The Student Support Services Department works collaboratively with schools, parents, and community agencies to support the educational programming for students with special learning needs.
• An integrated system of support/resources for all students
• An inclusionary model of school attendance
• Shared decision making and collaborative problem solving
An emphasis on functional assessment procedures and an outcomes criterion for educational decision-making
• A proactive approach to service delivery that focuses on prevention and early intervention of educational problems
• Home-school collaboration in educational decision-making and delivery of services
• Acknowledgment that change is a developmental process
• Record keeping and written documentation held to a manageable level
Contact: District Principal of Student Support Services
250-561-9235 local 2201