DISTRICT AWARDS OPEN FRIDAY JAN.6/17
The awards program opens to applications at 12:01 AM (just after midnight)the morning of Friday January 6, 2017, and closes at 11:59PM (just before midnight)the evening of Monday February 27, 2017. If you required Reference Letter please use attached form:
Steam Horizon Award - Deadline Jan.9/17
Terry Fox Humanitarian Award - Deadline Feb.2017
BC School of Sports Scholarship.pdf - Deadline May 1st
Badminton Scholarship.pdf - Deadline May 1st
BC Dairy Scholarship.pdf - Deadline May 15th
psi_selections_instructions.pdf ( Post Secondary Institution Instructions)
Schulich Leader Scholarships
The largest and most prestigious undergraduate Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM ) scholarships in Canada. Last year, out of more than 1,500 applications, 50 students received this celebrated award (1 in 33 chance).
Exciting news: Each scholarship is now valued at up to $100,000!
Recognizing the increasing importance and impact that STEM disciplines will have on the prosperity of future generations, businessman and philanthropist Seymour Schulich established this $100 million scholarship fund to encourage our best and brightest students to be the next pioneers of global scientific research and innovation. To help achieve this goal, 20 of Canada’s top universities were selected to participate and hand out two awards each, with five of these universities receiving an additional two scholarships for attracting the most Nominee applicants.
Do you have the next Schulich Leader in your graduating class?
As a participating school who has previously produced a Schulich Leader, we ask that you continue the tradition by selecting one graduating student (two if a Cégep) to represent your school as your 2017 Schulich Leader Nominee. This year you may have another winning student!
Each scholarship includes up to $100,000 in funding to attend one of our 20 partner universities, plus many ongoing benefits including; recognition on a National stage, increased access to summer jobs and internships from top Canadian employers, invitations to exclusive webinars and networking opportunities.
Click here to submit your 2017 Schulich Leader Nominee.
Click here to view our 2017 information package.
Join the network of outstanding high schools across Canada and join us in this life-changing opportunity. Together we are creating the next generation of technology innovators.
TD Canada Trust Scholarships for Community Leadership -
Deadline: November 18
- Value includes full tuition plus up to $7,500 in living expenses
- Must be used at an approved Canadian University or College
- The key criterion is outstanding community leadership in balance with academic achievement
- Must submit an essay describing community leadership involvement
- Must submit a letter of recommendation from your school
- Additional information at www.tdcanadatrust.com/scholarship
UBC:Major Entrance Scholarship, Schulich Leadership Scholarships, Entrance Award and Aboriginal Awards - Deadline: December 1
- Value ranges from one time awards of $5000, renewable awards from$12,000 to $40,000 payable over four years
- Separate online applications for UBC and UBC Okanagan
- Must be an "outstanding" academic student or have financial need
- Must demonstrate ability to lead in at least one of the following areas: artistic endeavors, original intellectual pursuits, community service, athletics, and school activities (Schulich )
- Major Entrance Scholarship based on Academic and Personal Profiles.
- Must see counsellor to be nominated for Schulich Leadership Scholarship
- More info: http://you.ubc.ca/tuition-scholarships/
Burger King Scholars Program - Opens in October; deadline December 15
University of Alberta Student Awards -
Deadline: December 15 for most awards
- Grade 12 student
- 80% or higher grades
- Various awards from $1000 to $50,000
- Academic and Leadership Awards
- Plan to enroll in University of Alberta in fall of graduation year.
- www.registrar.ualberta.ca/awards, apply on-line
- Apply through Bear Tracks online beginning in mid-October
University of Northern British Columbia -
Deadline: December 15 to March 1 depending on award
- Value from $250 to $9,000
- Academic, Leadership and Bursary Awards
- Online application available in Mid-October
- Other awards application online at:
University of Calgary Awards - Deadline: December 15 or March 1
- Value $500-$10,000 , some renewable, must apply to get UofC ID#
- Must have strong academic standing (Minimum 80% average or better)
- Must have exceptional contribution to school and/or community
- Must demonstrate strong indication of academic promise
- Various other entrance awards also available (80% or better)
- For more information or to apply visit: http://www.ucalgary.ca/registrar/finances/awards
Building Brighter Futures-Bursaries and Scholarship Awards -
- Indspire- Indigenous education: Canada's future
- Fomerly the National Aboriginal Achievement Foundation.
- Extensive student awards program for First Nation, Inuit, and Metis students pursuing post-secondary studies.
- Various awards from government agencies, private sector, and corporate partners
- See website for more information: www.indspire.ca
Additional Websites of Note:
BC Student Loans Program https://studentaidbc.ca/
Post Secondary Information www.bc-perspectives.ca/
BC Secondary Graduation Program www.bced.gov.bc.ca/graduation/
Financial Aid Information www.finaid.org/finaid/canfunds.html
General Post Secondary Information www.educationplanner.bc.ca
Career Information http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/audiences/youth/index.shtml
BC Post Secondary Transfer Guide http://www.bctransferguide.ca/
Ontario University/College Information Service http://www.ontransfer.ca/www/index_en.php
The above links will take you to most post-secondary institutions in Canada and government websites. We have college and university calendars available for you to look through in the counselling area, however, the most current source of information will be on the post-secondary institutions' website(s).
For Canadian Scholarship Information, please note these Web Sites:
There are only four weeks left to submit sponsored applications. Your high school can sponsor up to three candidates for our university scholarships, including 32 Loran Awards valued at $100,000 each and 94 finalist/provincial awards, before October 19th.
Grade 12 students can start their application today at apply.loranscholar.ca. They may also view our application overview and a sample application form.
Here are the steps to sponsor candidates: Candidates wishing to be sponsored must select Sponsored by my school in the online application, and then enter the name and email address of the designated school contact in the Educational Background section.
Every candidate must get a reference letter, whether they end up in the sponsored or direct pool. The candidate needs to finalize their part of the online application in order to have the reference request email sent. The word limit is 250 words.
Once the reference letter has been submitted, the school contact will receive an email allowing them to log in and confirm whether or not the student is being sponsored by the school. The online sponsorship form takes about 2 minutes to complete. Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that both the reference writer and the school contact have sufficient time to complete their parts before the deadline. We are reminding all candidates of this fact. If a student's sponsorship form is not complete by October 19, that student will be entered into the direct pool.
What We Look For: As you know, our selection criteria are character, service and leadership. We are looking for young people who deeply value honesty, are curious by nature and are interested in a wide range of subjects. The scholars we select are willing to take meaningful risks and prioritize results over appearances. Each one has shown a sustained commitment to service in the community, has taken the initiative to create positive changes and is interested in working for a better world.
Direct Pool: If more than three students are interested in applying, please encourage the other students to apply to our direct pool. We understand that there are sometimes more qualified candidates than there are sponsorship spots, and offer the direct pool process for this reason. Although sponsored candidates have historically received more provincial awards and honour citations, we select Loran Scholars through both application processes.
Loran Scholars Foundation Scholarship - Deadline Oct.19th
The Northern Regional Construction Association Scholarships & Bursary Awards - Deadline Nov.14
Program offers an opportunity for your son’s, daughter’s and apprentices to get support towards a construction related career. Don’t miss out on your chance.
Apply today!! These awards have been established for students enrolled in a post-secondary institution or approved
apprenticeship training program, who are pursuing a career in construction or a construction related field.
Annual Awards Are:
$1,000 Ron Slager Memorial Bursary
$1,000 Bob Thorn Memorial Bursary
$1,000 NRCA Bursary
$500 Arne Skuggedal Memorial Scholarship
$500 Trond Skuggedal Memorial Scholarship
(2) $500 NRCA Scholarships
Click here to download application forms
For more information, please follow the link below:
Manager, Member Relations & Marketing
Northern Regional Construction Association
Spruce City Wildlife Association Outdoor Pursuits Scolarship.pdf - Deadline Dec.31