TC ENERGY SCHOLARSHIPS
B.C.Retired Principals’ & Vice-Principals’ Association scholarship opportunity
Interior Savings Million dollar Bursary.pdf
Interior Savings Million dollar Bursary - Frequently asked questions.pdf
CLEAN ENERGY BC
Thanks to the generous funding of Ecofish Research Ltd., The Clean Energy Association of British Columbia (CEBC)
is pleased to offer a scholarship of $2,000 to a BC secondary school
student who is interested in pursuing a future in clean energy at a
post-secondary institution. Applicants must be a full-time secondary
student that is graduating in 2022.
For more information on how students can apply, please follow this link. Feel free to distribute the link within your networks
Beedie Luminaries Scholarship - Deadline June.13th, 2022
Tom Finnie Indigenous Trades Bursary
Tom Finnie Trades Bursary Application fillable.pdf
TD Canada Trust Scholarships for Community Leadership -
Deadline: November 18
- Value includes full tuition plus up to $7,500 in living expenses
- Must be used at an approved Canadian University or College
- The key criterion is outstanding community leadership in balance with academic achievement
- Must submit an essay describing community leadership involvement
- Must submit a letter of recommendation from your school
- Additional information at www.tdcanadatrust.com/scholarship
UBC:Major Entrance Scholarship, Schulich Leadership Scholarships, Entrance Award and Aboriginal Awards - Deadline: December 1
- Value ranges from one time awards of $5000, renewable awards from$12,000 to $40,000 payable over four years
- Separate online applications for UBC and UBC Okanagan
- Must be an "outstanding" academic student or have financial need
demonstrate ability to lead in at least one of the following areas:
artistic endeavors, original intellectual pursuits, community service,
athletics, and school activities (Schulich )
- Major Entrance Scholarship based on Academic and Personal Profiles.
- Must see counsellor to be nominated for Schulich Leadership Scholarship
- More info: http://you.ubc.ca/tuition-scholarships/
Burger King Scholars Program - Opens in October; deadline December 15
University of Alberta Student Awards -
Deadline: December 15 for most awards
- Grade 12 student
- 80% or higher grades
- Various awards from $1000 to $50,000
- Academic and Leadership Awards
- Plan to enroll in University of Alberta in fall of graduation year.
- www.registrar.ualberta.ca/awards, apply on-line
- Apply through Bear Tracks online beginning in mid-October
University of Northern British Columbia -
Deadline: December 15 to March 1 depending on award
- Value from $250 to $9,000
- Academic, Leadership and Bursary Awards
- Online application available in Mid-October
- Other awards application online at:
University of Calgary Awards - Deadline: December 15 or March 1
- Value $500-$10,000 , some renewable, must apply to get UofC ID#
- Must have strong academic standing (Minimum 80% average or better)
- Must have exceptional contribution to school and/or community
- Must demonstrate strong indication of academic promise
- Various other entrance awards also available (80% or better)
- For more information or to apply visit: http://www.ucalgary.ca/registrar/finances/awards
Building Brighter Futures-Bursaries and Scholarship Awards -
- Indspire- Indigenous education: Canada's future
- Fomerly the National Aboriginal Achievement Foundation.
- Extensive student awards program for First Nation, Inuit, and Metis students pursuing post-secondary studies.
- Various awards from government agencies, private sector, and corporate partners
- See website for more information: www.indspire.ca
Additional Websites of Note:
BC Student Loans Program https://studentaidbc.ca/
Post Secondary Information www.bc-perspectives.ca/
BC Secondary Graduation Program www.bced.gov.bc.ca/graduation/
Financial Aid Information www.finaid.org/finaid/canfunds.html
General Post Secondary Information www.educationplanner.bc.ca
Career Information http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/audiences/youth/index.shtml
BC Post Secondary Transfer Guide http://www.bctransferguide.ca/
Ontario University/College Information Service http://www.ontransfer.ca/www/index_en.php
above links will take you to most post-secondary institutions in Canada
and government websites. We have college and university calendars
available for you to look through in the counselling area, however, the
most current source of information will be on the post-secondary
For Canadian Scholarship Information, please note these Web Sites:
There are only four weeks left to submit sponsored applications. Your high school can sponsor up to three candidates for our university scholarships, including 32 Loran Awards valued at $100,000 each and 94 finalist/provincial awards, before October 19th.
Grade 12 students can start their application today at apply.loranscholar.ca. They may also view our application overview and a sample application form.
Here are the steps to sponsor candidates: Candidates wishing to be sponsored must select Sponsored by my school in the online application, and then enter the name and email address of the designated school contact in the Educational Background section.
candidate must get a reference letter, whether they end up in the
sponsored or direct pool. The candidate needs to finalize their part of
the online application in order to have the reference request email
sent. The word limit is 250 words.
Once the reference
letter has been submitted, the school contact will receive an email
allowing them to log in and confirm whether or not the student is being
sponsored by the school. The online sponsorship form takes about 2
minutes to complete. Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the
candidate to ensure that both the reference writer and the school
contact have sufficient time to complete their parts before the
deadline. We are reminding all candidates of this fact. If a student's
sponsorship form is not complete by October 19, that student will be entered into the direct pool.
What We Look For:
As you know, our selection criteria are character, service and
leadership. We are looking for young people who deeply value honesty,
are curious by nature and are interested in a wide range of subjects.
The scholars we select are willing to take meaningful risks
and prioritize results over appearances. Each one has shown a sustained
commitment to service in the community, has taken the initiative to
create positive changes and is interested in working for a better world.
If more than three students are interested in applying, please
encourage the other students to apply to our direct pool. We understand
that there are sometimes more qualified candidates than there are
sponsorship spots, and offer the direct pool process for this reason.
Although sponsored candidates have historically received more provincial
awards and honour citations, we select Loran Scholars through both