Harwin is a community school that serves approximately 270 students.
- Students have access to a breakfast program, lunch program, leadership activities, after school groups, Aboriginal Education workers, a Youth Care Worker, and a Community School Coordinator.
- Harwin offers many programs including; Leadership, Strongstart, Project Based Learning, Goals and Dreams Hockey Academy, Iceman Training and Kids Triathlon training, Read and Run Program, and Trades Program to name a few.
- Harwin implements strategies from WITS/LEADS (Walk away, Ignore, Talk it out, Seek help/Look and listen, Explore points of view, Act, Did it work, Seek help) to build a positive learning and growing environment for all students. This will enable students to feel safe and happy at school as well as in the community and ensure a learning environment that is productive and progressive.
- The Harwin ROCKS program focuses on teaching Respect, Ownership, Cooperation, Kindness and Safety throughout our school and is diligently followed by classroom teachers and all staff. Student's names are drawn both weekly and at the monthly assemblies to celebrate their success.
- Harwin is one of 3 Elementary schools that feeds into Duchess Park Secondary School. Harwin has a full time Primary Intervention teacher and a part time Intermediate Intervention teacher to give extra support to our students.
- Harwin has an on-site Strongstart Program which many of our families attend with preschool (0-5) siblings. Having these families in the school help build community and connections with staff in our building.