School District No. 57 (Prince George)
1. Schools shall not be closed because of cold or inclement weather.
2. On days when student attendance is reduced substantially because of cold or inclement weather conditions or because travel is considered treacherous, regular scheduled instruction may be modified for those students who attend school. The administrative procedures of this policy provide assistance to the principal and teachers in determining the educational program that will be offered.
3. School bus service will not be cancelled because of cold weather.
4. Individual bus runs may be cancelled for the day (morning and afternoon runs)because of dangerous road conditions. Cancellations will be announced on local radio as soon as possible after the decision to cancel a run is made.
5. The decision to keep a student at home for the day because of winter weather conditions shall be made by the parents.
6. Students all not be expected to wait for a school bus for more than fifteen minutes past the scheduled pick-up time. If the bus has not arrived by that time, students should return to their homes or to another prearranged place of shelter.