Polar Performing Arts
Are you involved in the Performing Arts outside of School?
Do you take Music Lessons, Dance, or Speech Arts?
Are you involved in Theatre, Symphony or Choir?
If YES, then you might be a candidate for the
Polar Performing Arts Focus.
The Polar Performing Arts Focus Is:
A flexible curricular option for school
district #57 high school students who are currently dedicated to achievement in
the performing arts and maintaining academic success.
The Performing Arts Focus allows flexibility
for performing artists for completing graduation while remaining dedicated and
involved in the performing arts community. The students involved in this focus
will benefit from the enriched program and opportunities, as will other
students because of the reciprocity of design.
Via IDS courses, Performing Arts Focus
students will create, initiate, perform, involve, educate and inspire younger
students as well as their peers. Projects for IDS courses will include music
and theatre and dance appreciation and education for elementary students,
secondary students and possibly the community at large.
For more information contact:
Mary LaMarre, Counsellor
Entrance Criteria: to be considered for this Focus, a student
- Have parent/guardian permission and support to participate in the focus
- Provide documentation of a high level of commitment to a recognized
- Be currently achieving a C+ average and satisfactory work habits *Special
circumstances may be considered in consultation with the Principal
- Be recommended by a current Arts Instructor, Teacher, Coach, Program
- Complete a Student Information Form
- Be approved of application by the PGSS Principal
- Non-PGSS students are responsible for their own transportation to PGSS 2-3
times per week.