251 South Ogilvie Street
Prince George, BC V2M 3M4
Phone: (250) 562-1161
Fax: (250) 562-4107
The mission of Quinson Elementary School's staff, parents and students is to create a safe and healthy environment which supports opportunities for students to grow academically and personally, to develop their creativity and increase their awareness of and respect for different cultures.........to be the best that we can be!
History and Demographics
When Quinson opened in 1961 its enrollment was 150 students. Our present population is 244 students enrolled in 12 divisions. The school is located off 5th Avenue, just north of Spruceland Shopping Centre. We have many excellent staff here at Quinson including 2 Aboriginal Education Workers, a Community Schools Coordinator and a Meals Coordinator. Quinson was recently established as a local heritage site due to it's unique building design!
- a safe caring environment provided by a dedicated teaching and non-teaching support staff
- a philosophy which incorporates a problem solving approach to benefit all children
- a School Plan For Student Success that focuses upon improving each student's reading, numeracy and social emotional skills
- a School Based Team approach to assist classroom teachers in the development and implementation of instructional and/or management strategies for students not yet meeting expectations in their grade placement.
- an all-inclusive teaching support staff consisting of a Learning Assistance Teacher, Support Teacher, Teacher Librarian, Counsellor and 3 ELL Teachers.
- a networked computer lab consisting of 31 PC's
- a well-equipped library
- an incredible K-Gr.7 Music Program
- a Breakfast and Lunch Program
- an Intermediate Student Leadership Program that organizes special events and activities in the school
- communicate as often as need with all teaching staff
- volunteer in classrooms and assist with field trips
- join the very active Quinson Parent Advisory Council